Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cho Sugoi!

Today's highlights: Made an informercial purchase (How wrong is that?!) Thoroughly enjoyed Gothamist's post on the "Ichiban in the Oven" which led me to Metrodaddy is Mad and to Seinfeld's The Parking Space episode. Hilarious!

Had a delectable peach, which I sliced and mixed in with some European style plain yogurt and Sweet Meadow honey from New Zealand. I love yogurt and honey. Independently they're great, but together, they're just a match made in heaven. Here's a dessert I learned from Tyler Florence's cookbook. Heat up a pat of butter on a skillet. Add your favorite honey, and some fresh sliced figs (I'm sure fig compote would be yum-o too.) Cook until the fruit starts breaking down and carmelizing, and the honey thins a bit, and gets kind of bubbly. (If you have the time, toast up some almonds or walnuts.) Once everything is nice and hot, serve it over Greek style plain yogurt and enjoy!

All this at my cube. It takes a lot of work to look busy!

1 Comments:

Blogger szenga said...

As soon as possible! Well for us to make it together, that will have to wait. In the words of Wyclef Jean: "I'm gone till November" :(

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home